Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #1

Welcome from Constance, Germany

Hey Pentaxians,

I've just registered but already read in the forum for two or three weeks and though you've worried me with front/back focus issue I've bought my K-5+18-135mm last week. My previous camera system was the Olympus Micro Four Thirds and it would have been perfectly fine for me to stick with that mount. Unfortunately my E-PL 1 didn't match my requirements anymore so I wanted to upgrade. The new astonishing E-M5 is a great camera but way to expensive in comparison to its DSLR competitors. That's why I've decided to buy an APS-C DSLR and I had the EOS 60D, the D7000 and the K-5 on my list. While the EOS 60D dropped very early due to its cheap build quality it was a hard decision between the D7000 and the K-5 which had narrowed down to a question of system but the K-5 (as well as the D7000) instantly won the moment I've held it in my hand at my local camera store. So far I'm very happy with my decision and it seems I'm not affected by the front/back focus problem (tested it with a test chart).

For now I'm broke but as soon I have saved some money in my equipment budget I would be glad to get some good advise on new lenses and accessories.

Happy shooting!

04-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome,

The front/back focus issues were older problems, fixed with a firmware update. All cameras seem to be plagued with foucs issues to so some degree though. The D7000 is famous for back focus problems, so I wouldn't worry about your choice. I think the best bargain for a lens is the Tamron 28-75/2.8. To me it is a very handy walk around zoom, worth twice the price that it goes for used; and it's faster than your 18-135 for when you don't need the WR.
04-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Soyez le bienvenu ...

Bonjour,

Welcome to PF ... it's great have another European on board.

Good choice getting the K-5 ... go next for some K, M and/or A legacy glass, because it's a lot fun ... plus there's a world of M42's, Adaptall's, etc.

Salut et A+, John le Frog