Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #1

New to Pentax and Pentax Forums

Hi everyone,

I am looking forward to learning to use my classic M42 manual focus lenses on my newly acquired Pentax *ist DS camera body. I had been using the lenses on my Nikon D70 for a couple years and only recently realized the Pentax system has the identical lens register distance as the M42 mount lenses. So here I am to learn and grow.

My favorite subjects are my garden plants flowers, of which I enjoy growing Salvia and Japanese Morning Glory.

Best regards,

Joseph

05-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums Joseph!

TBH. I don't know what hope there is for you knowing you used a Pentax lens on a Nikon body for years. I mean sure... people have done this in the past, but in most cases we were looking at accidental mounting, or sheer ignorance. But in your case.. were talking years of deliberate sinning against the Pentax label, and so honestly, I don't know where you stand with that.

PS. We are not a cult! Just take a picture of you burning your Nikon body(in your backyard) while holding your hands toward the heavens and post it here for all to see.

PS2. Welcome once again to the forums though. No really... were happy to have you. Don't forget to share some pics. And don't forget to look-up the market place. It is a literal treasure-trove of M42 lenses. You'll love it I'm sure.

Sincerely,
JohnB
05-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hi JohnB,

Thank you for the warm and interesting welcome!

The sinning was not deliberate, I'm just your average village idiot who bumbled along until I landed in mflenses web site and learned the way to get better images with my M42 mount lenses.
05-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome Joseph, I see John B has already given you a warm welcome of sorts (fire under the pants) !

You'll find not only wonderful M42 lenses for your lovely ist* but also a plethora of other gorgeous MF lenses from e.g. Cosina, Zeiss and Voigtlander amongst others.

Good luck with whatever you choose to mount !

05-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you, Frogfish. I actually was not aware of the feelings between owners of Pentax and Nikon camera systems. I'll be sure to keep my shields on hahaha.