Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2012, 02:21 AM   #1

Coming over from the funky side...

I've just sold up my Fuji S5 Pro and Zeiss 50 because the old girl was a bit on the slow side, tethering was a bit of a mare, manual focus was doing my head in and the conventional upgrade path seemed boring and expensive.

I've struck lucky with a nearly-new K-5 at a half decent price - due to arrive today - so I'm looking forward to seeing what the weather is like in Pentax-land.

I've also bought a used 16-45mm F4 from the classifieds of the UK Pentax forum so I will have something to play with. If I like the K-5 I'll be looking out for some primes next.

Any advice would be very welcome indeed and greatly appreciated.

05-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by paulcamcas Quote
I've just sold up my Fuji S5 Pro and Zeiss 50 because the old girl was a bit on the slow side, tethering was a bit of a mare, manual focus was doing my head in and the conventional upgrade path seemed boring and expensive.

I've struck lucky with a nearly-new K-5 at a half decent price - due to arrive today - so I'm looking forward to seeing what the weather is like in Pentax-land.

I've also bought a used 16-45mm F4 from the classifieds of the UK Pentax forum so I will have something to play with. If I like the K-5 I'll be looking out for some primes next.

Any advice would be very welcome indeed and greatly appreciated.
Welcome Paul,

I am glad that you got a fantastic camera for a good price.
I see your looking at tethering. This is something that pentax (at this point) don't support. They only support their 645D with tethering. Although you can search for a program called PKtether and that should help you out.

good luck
05-04-2012, 03:00 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hi Chaos_Realm and thanks for the tip about PKtether. I've invested in an Eye Fi card to get round the tethering thing. If that doesn't work, I'll try PKtether. ATB and many thanks.
05-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome Paul. The Eye-Fi does work, it's not the fastest though.

The K5 is a superb camera, I'm sure you'll get a lot of assistance on here, far less cliche than the UK site but a good bunch of lads (and lasses) on both !

« Hello | Hi »