Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2008, 07:16 AM   #1

New Guy From NW Florida

Hello,

I just found this site and immediately signed up. It looks like a great wealth of information.
I've been interested in photography since the 60s, (I still have my two original Spotmatics). I just went to digital with a K10d last month as a retirement present to myself. I worked for the Navy in their old photography school in Pensacola from 1976 until they left Pensacola in the late 90s, (we were just starting to go digital at that time). If any of you were Navy trained photographers, send me a message, we might know some of the same people.

Yar (Ray), in Pensacola

01-16-2008, 08:15 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums. I'm not a Navy man but I am an Army brat! Enjoy your stay.
01-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #3

Yar, welcome aboard.

It is always a great day when experienced photographers join this site. Looking forward to your posts and hope you will enjoy your time here.

-Jeff
01-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #4

Welcome , Ray from a retired Air Force guy in Ft Walton Beach!!!

01-17-2008, 06:18 AM   #5

Welcome Ray,

I was a US Navy journalist trained on the speed graphic many, many years ago. I was stationed on aircraft carriers and when I'd request a camera (that big awkward one) for an assignment, I'd get it with a photographer's mate attached....an act of mercy.
01-18-2008, 09:08 AM   #6

Original Poster
Speed Graphic

Yes, I remember well the days of the old Speed Graphic. At the school they used to tell the new students, "If you can use a Speed Graphic, you can use any camera made." Man, how untrue that statement would be today!