Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery

Greetings. I just found this site and love all the photos I've seen, they are great and have motivated me to pull out my camera and learn how to really use it! I'm very interested in the macro shots, they caught my interest and so I joined for more motivation. But.............now I want a Digital SLR instead of my manual one. Any recommendations for basically a beginner? I am so glad to have found this site, and in June will have more time to really work at my photography, my best photos are usually scenery, not people. Again, thanks for being here and everyone keep up the good work!

05-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you on board. You can get comparisons on the various Pentax models in the review section and more information on macro lenses in the Lens Review section.
05-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums
It's always great to see someone so excited about photography. along with comparisons in the review forum there are reviews and tech info on the various cameras. You can also check out the market place here and see what is available. You don't mention how much you want to spend. That would be a help in what to recomend
05-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new found obsession!
Do you have anything in mind in terms of how you'd like to take pictures?
And I suppose the reason I ask is that there can be many angles in taking photo's with a DSLR all of which might affect you're equipment decisions. ie. I like(the most) shooting portraits in a controlled environment or settings(lights etc), which allows me to shoot with manual lenses. And so I started collecting older glass and customized my camera to suite. My wife on the other hand likes versatility and so she invested in AF lenses and kept her camera stock(so to speak). Between the two of us, she's been quite happy with most any camera she's owned(K100, K200, Kx, K20 and now a K-5). And so I'm guessing that could influence your decision(maybe). Anyways, I just thought I'd ask

05-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, Suallie. I guess the choice of camera would depend somewhat on what you will be spending - there are good K-x, K-r and K-7 deals in the marketplace, and even some K-5's. The Pentax Marketplace | Sell Pentax | Photographic Equipment for Sale - PentaxForums.com