Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello All

Hi,

I've tried 5 times to make this work and it won't post!!

This one probably will just because of how pissed I am right now. The 1st 2 attempts to introduce myself were long and detailed and welcoming.

After #3 I stopped typing long ones.

If you want, check out my work with the Pentax K-x:
http://www.facebook.com/christrevinophotography

05-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not sure what could have gone wrong, as the system will ask you to log in if your session expires, rather than erasing your whole post. Posts are also saved as you type them, in case your browser or computer crashes.

In any case, welcome aboard!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #3

Original Poster

Ya, I didn't mean to imply that it was the forum's fault.

I run NoScript to block unwanted background scripts from spamming me with ads/popups/malware so that interferes with a lot of things.

There's several things in the scripting of the forum that I had to systematically Allow until it finally worked.

It was my fault, it was just frustrating cause of the time/thought that went into typing the introduction the 1st 2 times.
05-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I would very much like to read your introduction. Hopefully you'll find time to write again. Compose in a word processor and paste into the torum. Your pictures are very good.

05-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks Karl

I do plan to recompose the introduction although at this point I don't even remember the original contents. Let's hope version 2 is better and not worse.
05-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #6

Original Poster
Hello Again!

I decided to finally retype my introduction properly!

Here goes!

Hello. . .

I've been reading these forums for a while now but I only just finally signed up. I never really know what to say or how to say it in forums. I also suck at expressing proper critique in depth.

I have been shooting Pentax for a while now, I started with a Pentax Program Plus(Super Program) and a Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7 that I stole when I was 15.

I have since upgraded to a Pentax K-x and some additional lenses.

Although I have owned cameras for a while I didn't really develop an interest in Photography until about 3 years ago. At the time the only camera I had near me was a Ricoh RDC 5000. I think it was like 3.2megapixels. It wasn't until March of 2011 when I could finally purchase a DSLR. In my case I got the K-x. Unfortunately for me this was basically the same time it was discontinued. I should have gotten the K-r! I love my K-x and I think it's a great camera. Those of you wondering if I chose a Color Body or not, yes. . . yes I did. I got a White one because Black was already out of stock when I ordered.

I have in the year since purchasing my 1st DSLR learned a great deal about photography. I've also learned a great deal about how many of the limitations I faced as a photographer were my fault, not the camera's. I now have several lenses, most of which are somewhat old. Thankfully since unlike other brands Pentax doesn't constantly throw new mounts at you my old lenses work great! The most used of which is the Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7 that I already had. I also recently picked up a Ricoh Rikenon P 50mm f/2 that I plan to put to use as well.

Everything I have learned about photography has been from forums like this one as well as other resources like Google and YouTube. Every time I pick up my camera I feel like I am learning something new. I love it too!

From reading these forums I believe this to be a great community that I would love to be a part of. In the few days that I have been here I've already received more feedback than I do on sites like Facebook and deviantART in months. Feedback, another one of those things that allows me to learn and grow. I hope that I have advanced nicely in the year since I actually started trying to be a good photographer, though I know I still have a long way to go. I am currently doing a lot of work for free in the hopes that it will bring me paying clients in the near future. I would love to expand upon my slowly growing mountain of equipment.

Anyway, that's basically me.

Cheers!
05-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, Chris. Love the portrait shot, and I'll look forward to seeing more of your stuff here. (I too have a white K-x.)

« hello | hello world »