Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2012, 04:04 AM   #1

greetings from socal

hi everybody.

new to dslrs. bought a k2000 secondhand and loved its quality, came across a great deal on the kx, so i sold the k2k for the kx mainly for the video capability. currently have the kit lens, and a old 80-200mm lens i bought secondhand off craigslist. i am picking up a 50mm asahi f/2.0 lens tomorrow, and hope to get some nicer lowlight/sharper video with it.

i like to shoot car shows, landscapes, fish, hdr, urban settings. i am still learning new things every day.

i chose pentax because of the inbody IS, and the wide compatibility with the older manual lenses. i have had other pentax P&S cameras, so i knew of the quality. not to mention, most canon/nikon is simply out of my budget once we start adding lenses. i also use a cheaper sanyo cg20 for hd video when i need higher frame rate. and i have a sony cybershot wx9 i got for my bday, but is slowly getting little to no use, even though it has a bunch of neat features (panorama, 1080@60i) , and great low light capability for a P&S.

hope to learn more.

Last edited by mkyyy; 05-09-2012 at 04:10 AM.
05-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board!
« ciao | Hi! »