Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2008, 09:18 AM   #1

New guy, Ohio

Hello everyone. I have been reading through the threads and this seems to be a great forum with a lot of knowledge. I am currently awaiting my new K100D super to arrive (back order from Adorama). So I am not an official pentax owner as of yet. At this point I only own one SLR camera, Minolta Maxxum 4. Not the greatest of cameras, but it has served me well.

Anyways, I am looking forward to my new camera (when ever it gets here) and learning as much. So if you have any good advice or words of encouragement to a newbie I would appreciate it.

01-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
Hey welcome soon to be fellow member! I'm not sure if you have been prowling lenses, its never too soon. Of course AF lenses are best for ease of use, but do look for bargin A-series lenses too. I'm not a digital user, still with film... some day. I have found many folks here to be well versed in Pentaxian so welcome home.
01-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #3

Original Poster
I have been looking at lenses a bit. I am getting it with the standard 18-55 lens kit, but I will be looking for a lens for wildlife macro shots. Still waiting though. Ordered it around new years, and they are still out of stock. Oh well. Patience is a virtue. Right.
01-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by blackkeys Quote
Hello everyone. I have been reading through the threads and this seems to be a great forum with a lot of knowledge. I am currently awaiting my new K100D super to arrive (back order from Adorama). So I am not an official pentax owner as of yet. At this point I only own one SLR camera, Minolta Maxxum 4. Not the greatest of cameras, but it has served me well.

Anyways, I am looking forward to my new camera (when ever it gets here) and learning as much. So if you have any good advice or words of encouragement to a newbie I would appreciate it.
Welcome - there are a bunch of nice folks here, and I think you'll enjoy it. I lived in Ohio for a few years and (as it happens) my daughter is a grad student at Ohio State. So, as an honorary Buckeye, I'm glad to see another one.

Jer