Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2006, 08:50 PM   #1

Another new member

While in the process of doing some technical research on the K10D as a ROI/ ROM (return on memories / smiles) justification for purchase to my wife, I came upon your site & got hooked - not only the wealth of information presented, but the quality of the forum & its members.

I've been a fan of Pentax ever since my original purchase of a Super Program in '83 including the quality & body compatibility of their lenses (all still in use).
My wife can keep her P&S Canon A80...but it may cost me another cruise not to shoot as many rolls for the K10.

BillH

12-28-2006, 10:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, Bill. I'm sure you will find this site very entertaining as we all learn about photography together. I may be a rookie on this site, but I'm picking up a lot of info already and putting it to good use.

Regarding your "financier syndrome" as I think I will now call it - I hope you might find some tips to resolve this problem in some posts (including a couple of mine) on this site
12-28-2006, 10:54 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks...been trying to manage the "FS" for a lot of years & strategies are always in development...hmmm, I haven't tried a PowerPoint presentation yet... LOL.
12-29-2006, 06:47 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BillH Quote
Thanks...been trying to manage the "FS" for a lot of years & strategies are always in development...hmmm, I haven't tried a PowerPoint presentation yet... LOL.
Hi Bill and welcome.
As for "FS strategies" I found groveling worked quite well sometimes, and very badly others. Jewelery almost always works, but sometimes the month of peanut butter sandwiches afterwards isn't worth it. In any case DO NOT try bursting into tears and sobbing uncontrollably. They may seem to think it works on others but it never does on them. Somehow I think a power point presentation won't work well either, at least not unless it's presented after a nice dinner at a fancy french restaurant.

NaCl(of course being single is even better)H2O

12-30-2006, 06:36 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I think I've done the welcome in another thread but, just in case, welcome.
12-30-2006, 06:47 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Welcome aboard Bill, as you have already found out we are a great bunch and one big family. Hope to see more posts in the future.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
12-30-2006, 10:19 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Hi Bill and welcome.
As for "FS strategies" I found groveling worked quite well sometimes, and very badly others. Jewelery almost always works, but sometimes the month of peanut butter sandwiches afterwards isn't worth it. In any case DO NOT try bursting into tears and sobbing uncontrollably. They may seem to think it works on others but it never does on them. Somehow I think a power point presentation won't work well either, at least not unless it's presented after a nice dinner at a fancy french restaurant.

NaCl(of course being single is even better)H2O
Bill, I haven't mentioned this in other threads, but I find Saltwater among some of the wittiest and most helpful here in the forum. "Fun Learning!" - something that was missing from other forums. Kudos, Salty!