Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2012, 04:20 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi everyone :-)

Hello. I am from the UK and just bought a Pentax ME to clean up and use. Looking forward to getting back into 35mm photography. My camera is missing strap lugs if anyone knows where to get them?. My first lens is going to be a Miranda 35-70mm hope this may get me started. Anyone have a preference to the type of film in these cameras?

05-15-2012, 05:42 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums & I hope you enjoy your time here. I forget, does this camera use the small triangular split rings? I probably have a few in a box. Ebay usually has lots of this stuff as well. What do you want to shoot? B&W or colour? Negative or slide?

Now that Agfa is gone, I'd look at Ilford. a favourite was: PAN F PLUS and DELTA 400 PRO
For colour, maybe Kodak Ektachrome. But I'd strongly recommend you experiment and take notes on each film you use. Buy in small sizes and play around with each to see what you like.
05-15-2012, 01:35 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome!

My standard film since two years or so is Ilford XP2 on 100 feet rolls that I load myself in empty canisters. It is a black and white film that develop in C-41, same chemistry as most color negative films, so it is easy to find labs. The 100 feet roll sits in a film loader in my fridge until I need to load another film. This film works well on both 400 and 800 ISO, and pressing it one step still works fine with standard development. Otherwise I shoot any film I get a good price on.
Back in the old days I used to have two of those film loaders, one with 100 ISO and one with 400 ISO black and white. Mostly T-Max or Tri-X.
05-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you for your reply. Very useful information. I will be using both black and white film and colour. The type of photos I will be looking to take are landscapes and macro shots. I am new to photography so any tips are of great use. My original thought was to use 400 color film as for black and white I have no experience. Not sure what to expect from the 35 to 70mm macro lens or the best types of photos for this. The pins are the triangular split rings. I will be getting negatives and a dish for the computer I think and take prints of the best photos. Thanks again :-)