Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Jason M, Proud owner of a new K5!!!

My name is Jason and i have just aquired a new k5 deck! I decided to fit the camera with a 18-135mm f3.5-5.6ed lense rather than go with the factory combo. Iam just a beginner so i have not figured out the settings of the camera yet. Im still using it on auto . Anyones advice whos more savvy than me on settings would greatly be appreciated!! Also i would take kindly to lense advice as far as purchasing my next lense goes!! These are some pictures taken at the Epcot Center in Florida. You can judge for yourself what you think of this rig on auto settings!!

05-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just curious, jasonm1968 - how can you be a "new member" and have a "Join Date" of Nov 2010?

Anyway, I'm also pretty new to the K-5; when I received the new K-5, I went through the Users' Guide page by pageand played with every setting. When I was finished, I hit the "reset button" and then set the options that I knew I really wanted. I'm still playing with them. All of this despite the fact I bought my first SLR in 1970. I suspect I will be learning for a long time, including the invaluable feed-back from the folks on this Forum. You will love the K-5, I think. See you around the Forum.
05-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RM Barker Quote
Just curious, jasonm1968 - how can you be a "new member" and have a "Join Date" of Nov 2010?
It's called lurking...

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on purchasing an awesome camera.
05-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I joined back in 2010 purely of interest , However i did not participate in the forum. I should rephrase that to just introduced myself as of today!! Sorry about that! Also i have posted some pics i took with the k5 set on auto at the Epcot Center just recentely. You can check them out at my gallery to see how my rig is performing. Thanks for your advice on the manual! There is alot of options for this camera setup. This will take some time!! Please forgive my bad memory! See you around!!

Last edited by jasonm1968; 05-16-2012 at 12:43 PM.
« Hi | New K30 »