Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #1

Greetings

Joned the group and wanted to introduce myself. The name is Mike, I have been shooting pictures for about 35 years now. When I decided to get into the digital world I did my research on digital cameras and came to the conclusion that Pentax was the company I wanted to go with. I started out with a K200, then after a few months knew that I wanted to move up to the K20, a move I was very happy with. I saw the K7 come out but decided to hold out for the next release. As soon as I saw the specifications on the K5 I knew that it was time to make another upgrade. Very happy with that decision. The wide ISO range and low noise was an immediate attraction along with the video option of which I haven't really delved into at this point. Another feature that I find to be one of my favorites with Pentax is the "TAv" function. I have long been a manual guy but with film I was always furstrated that it seemed as though I was always loaded up with the incorrect speed film. This option solves that problem and with the considerably low noise of the K5 makes this camera a perfect fit for me at the moment. Although always interested in new products.

I look forward to getting involved with this group.

05-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forum.
Stay with Pentax and you will not be disappointed.
Post some photos so we can see part of your world.

Best Wishes