Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #1

New forum member

Airline pilot based in Auckland, New Zealand. Married with four adult daughters.

Last Pentax was an MZ-5N which I loved. I completed a photography course at a local polytechnic some years back, about half of the content was on darkroom technique.

Last few years I have been using a Canon Powershot but now wish to upgrade to a DSLR. I am considering the K-5 so that I can use my old lenses, flash units and other accessories. I have found the reviews on the forum very helpful thank you.

KiwiJohn

05-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board.
05-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #3

Hello

Greetings all
I have been reading the reviews for a while and decided it was time to jump in. Funny thing this Pentax addiction. Just when I think it is time to ditch it all something comes along that feeds the fire. I have a hodgepodge other geer and a partner that works in a second hand store. That connection has been my lba lifeline and has yielded some great finds, from some mint M series bodies to a collection of lenses that now range from 17mm fisheye to 320mm. It is amazing what people get rid of cheep! I also have some canon and Minolta geer just for fun, but it never gets used. The picture quality of the Pentax always wins. Let's hope the fun never ends
05-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. The K-5 is a great camera. The new K-30 is out now, as I'm sure you've seen. Have fun with whatever you get!

05-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #5

Greetings all. I am currently a university student living in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.

My pentaxs are pentax zx-m, pentax MX, and pentax k-x. And I really love the k-x.

Thankyou for the complete review of many lenses of Pentax, and it really helps me.