Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #1

screwing the K and vice versa

Hello all,

I've always been in a pentax family, really. My grand parents bought their SP1000 new in the 70s, along with a SMC Takumar 55/2, which was one of the first "classics" camera i've used - and really like. Now my brother got a PN30 years ago, and I eventually got a K100D which was stollen in Sicily, then a K20D that was working until recently.

My K20D landed quite violently on a floor in a cafe about 1h before François Hollande was elected new president of France. So, besides wishing to get in touch with you all, my fellow Pentax loonies, I'm here to try and decide, with a little help from my new friends whether I shall have it repaired now or replaced by a K5. The K20D might well be modified to bear my beloved Minolta MD lenses, later on...

cheers then

stéphane

05-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Well a lot has happened since the venerable K20D was first introduced, the K-5 although a bit smaller, handles great, and it will surprise you with image quality, plus you'll find yourself shooting at ISO settings you would never have dreamed of with your K20D. I would recomend taking the opportunity for a camera body upgrade. Përhaps later you can have the K20D repaired and converted to IR or keeping it as a backup camera.
05-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm sorry for your loss and welcome!
Hm, Pentax just announced the K-30, an interesting new camera with a lot of nice statistics. The K-5 is probably still better for most stills, though, and it is pretty cheap now! So think about it and wait a little, because we are all expecting Pentax to announce a few new DSLR's this year.