Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2012, 03:09 AM   #1

Hello from Cebu,Philippines

Hi, I picked up my first camera just last year and I'm here to learn more about my K7.

05-30-2012, 03:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PentaxForums, fellow Pinoy! Mukhang dumadami na tayo ah hehe
This forum is probably the best resource apart from Dimitrov's site and mattdm's Pentax flash blog, so rest assured there's a lot of good info here.
05-30-2012, 03:58 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome - you have an excellent camera to start your DSLR 'career' with !

Cebu eh ? What a gorgeous place to own a DSLR camera, the K7 should excel there with all that great light and scenery.
05-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks Alizarine and Frogfish

I have been browsing the forum since early this year and mostly reading threads whose topic is similar to questions I have. I thought I should get an account as well in case I have a question whose similar thread is hard to find already. hehe

So far, I am quite happy with my k7 and 2.8/40. i have a 50-200mm that i only used once, so technically I have only used 40mm. i have been practicing with that and so far im still in love with my setup. i might buy a 28mm F2.8 Rikenon XR. after that, no more.... for the year. hahaha.
but seriously, im new and i just like trying out the new things I learn in this site.

05-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I found the "Magic Lantern Guide" book for the K-7 was the best way to learn how to use the camera's features.
05-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Semenelin Quote
i might buy a 28mm F2.8 Rikenon XR.
Be careful with any Ricoh lenses in case they have the extra pin that causes them to get stuck on Pentax mounts (I don't know that 28mm lens and it may or may not have the pin - which is easily removed). Do your research on here, lots of owners can tell you if that is one of the lenses to be wary of.
05-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Be careful with any Ricoh lenses in case they have the extra pin that causes them to get stuck on Pentax mounts (I don't know that 28mm lens and it may or may not have the pin - which is easily removed). Do your research on here, lots of owners can tell you if that is one of the lenses to be wary of.
I second the suggestion!

05-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Been to Cebu once, beautiful place, and actually is where our Pentax DSLR bodies are made

Welcome to the forum and you will find a well of knowledge here.
05-30-2012, 10:39 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
I found the "Magic Lantern Guide" book for the K-7 was the best way to learn how to use the camera's features.
I have one =) it is very similar with the manual, except it's very colorful and it doesn't hurt my eyes. haha. i don't read it much. after i read a section\chapter or 2, i usual test what i just read.
05-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote

thanks for the advice. I haven't bought it yet. from what i read in another subforum here in this site is that if it's "XR" the pin should not be there. the "P" version is the one I should be afraid of. However, I asked the seller if I could check it out(I will be meeting him end of June) and try it(if i don't see the pin) before buying it. he agreed. despite that, I am still looking around for more info. better safe then sorry
05-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
Been to Cebu once, beautiful place, and actually is where our Pentax DSLR bodies are made

Welcome to the forum and you will find a well of knowledge here.

thanks elpolodiablo!

yes, Cebu is great. it has lots of beaches nearby that I can go to shoot, shoot, and shoot some more. of course i don't have the luxury of time to always do that. hehe

yes, there is a pentax site here though its mainly for building the cameras. i cant go there to have it serviced or buy lens and\or accessories. the buying part i don't mind since I really don't have plans to buy much except for the Ricoh lens I mentioned in my earlier post. but for having it checked in the future if needed, that would be a problem. in our country, I know of only one authorized place to have a pentax system serviced(cleaned, checked, etc). In Cebu specifically, I only know 1 branch. i'm taking real care so I wont need have to go there.