Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax wannabe

Hi,
I've currently got an Olympus E-500 with the twin lens kit. I'm thinking of getting a Pentax K5 with either the twin lens kit (18-55mm + 50-200mm) or the 18-135mm. The imminent arrival of the K30 (and possibly the K5 replacement) has also muddied the water a bit.

Always fancied the idea of a Pentax ever since I saw the lovely MX and ME Super many moons years ago. Wish I'd got one then but now I'm hoping to make up for it. I've got lots of siren voices from friends trying to turn me to Canon or Nikon, but I've never been one to follow the crowd (hence the E-500)!

I love this forum - really excellent, especially the K5 'No more tests! just pictures' thread. Some great work there (and lots of squirrels!) Looking forward to adding some of my own work one day

05-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome here. You'll find either the K-5 or K30 with undoubtedly meet your needs and allow you to produce results you see on the forum and more. Enjoy the forum and your photography.
05-31-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums
The k-30 looks great I am dropping hints maybe my wife will get me one for my upcoming birthday . Yeah sometimes there seems to be squirrels everywhere. Their so cute. I look forward to seeing your work
« Hey | Great site »