Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from Barry in Sarasota

Hello to all of you photo artists out there. I am newly returning to photography after I had to give up many years ago because I couldn't afford it after motorcycles and girls. Well the bike is paid for, and the wife is assisting in the business and we have enough income to indulge in the art of photogaphy once again. I gave my old ME Super from 1979 to my 11 year old art student daughter and bought me a K10d, battery grip, 540 flash and some other goodies. Honestly, things have changed and left me technologically behind since my absence. I've been trying to get the 540 flash to operate wirelessly as a slave while using the onboard flash as the main in portrait type situations. So far, I have not been able to get it to fire. The instructions, or my comprehension of it, is not the best. Can anyone help me with this?

Barry

01-22-2008, 02:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi, Barry, and welcome from another returnee! As for the 540FGZ issue, have you updated the K10D's firmware to version 1.30? Download it from the Pentax website, Pentax Imaging - Software & Firmaware Updates, and follow the instructions on the download page to install the update into your camera. Presto!
01-22-2008, 03:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Barry ! You WILL find answers here. Nice group of folks. Hope you enjoy your stay. gl