Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Europe

Hi boys and girls,

I'm new here, bought my first pentax (the brilliant K-5) about a week ago. I've been taking photo's for as long as I can remember, but it wasn't until about a year ago that I started to take it beyond point and shoot level. I then bought an Olympus PEN EPL-1, which I was happy with, but a few weeks ago I started to feel that I had 'outgrown' it. I wanted to step up to a DSLR model and after reading lot's of positive reviews, the recent price drop, the huge K-mount range lenses, and a 80 euro cashback deal here in Belgium, I opted for the K-5. I'm having a great time exploring all the posibilities of this beautiful machine. I've also bought my first manual lenses on eBay, looking forward to those arriving. I have learned a lot browsing this forum and I'm looking forward to learning lot's more. I'm into travel photography, but I also enjoy shooting urban settings, HDR and portraits when at home. I have a girlfriend who cooks the greatest thai food so I also take a picture of that now and then... a few of my first shots with the K5 can be seen in my flickr stream: Flickr: jordi1880's Photostream

06-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! Wow, you are quickly becoming a real Pentaxian - already bought a manual lens! You will have a lot of fun with the camera