Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Highbury, London

My name is Martyn. I am 48. My first camera as an eight year old was a Diana, now the cult Diana F+. I had several forgettable point, shoot and sometimes slide, compacts after that. Adulthood saw me acquire first a Fujifilm DX-10, then an Olympus C2000zoom and I wandered into Jessops one day and bought a K100 with several kit lenses.

I've shot landscape mainly, a great many churches held in the conservation trust, indeed anything that caught my eye and interest. I love doing still life work the more odd the subject the better. I am now terminally ill and shoot for occupational therapy as much as anything. Life is tough and bad things can take you by surprise, so the phrase 'keep calm and carry on' seems apposite.

My blog in which I long since lost interest begins with the following statement :-

Martyn is an amateur photographer who wanders around the south east of England looking for a good picture. His principle interests are landscape, architecture and still life. He prefers real film but does use a variety of digital cameras. He lives in Highbury and once shared a newsagent with John Cleese. He is shy, rarely gives interviews and does not like Kiwi fruit.

Film cameras: Centon K100; Minolta Dynax 40, Minolta Zoom 160c; Pentax K1000, ME, ME Super, MX, MZ30, MZ50 & MZ60; Olympus Trip35 & Diana F+. Digital Cameras: Olympus C2000zoom, C220zoom, C4040Zoom; Fuji A510, S602zoom, an S20pro and a S9600zoom; Pentax K-r.

I cannot say I know how they all work, but I have found the means to make them do something interesting by accidental discovery. There, thats me introduced.

06-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi and welcome Martyn.