Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Lancaster PA Amish Country

Hi guys, I've had Pentax cameras since I was 12 and got my first Asahi Pentax Spotmatic for Christmas. I took that camera all over the world, being a Corporate Pilot. Eventually I got tired of film, and bought a few Digital Cameras but never really got into using them due to the limitations.

Recently I purchased the Silver Limited Edition K5 because it reminded me of my older film cameras and it just "FIT" my hands better than a Cannon or Nikon. I'm here to learn and I plan to enroll in the New York Institute of Photography to further my knowledge. If anyone has a recommendation of a few books I can read about Pentax DSLR cameras, I'd appreciate your feedback. I'm sure the Photography school probably won't concentrate on Pentax specific information.

I'll post some pictures of Amish Country as fall arrives and the local colors are at their prime.

Steve

06-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Steve, glad to have you on board.
06-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks
06-10-2012, 02:51 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum Steve, from another PA resident! I'm afraid I can't be of much help with your search for books on Pentax DSLR's , as I'm an "old school" guy, but if they're out there, I'm sure this is the place to inquire!

Griz

06-10-2012, 06:27 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum. I hope I can give back my experiences as I learn more about the art of Photography,,,,,and contribute to the forums as I learn.
06-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing some of your images from around the world wherever your job takes you.