Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #1

Hello

Hi everyone. I've not purchased any Pentax DSLR's, but have used several of the family members and they are nice cameras. I joined the forum to get ideas about using the bag full of glass I have from my old MESuper days.

06-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour ...

Welcome aboard PF!

Salut, J
06-18-2017, 09:27 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"Old" glass

I bought K-x, then K-50, to 'get-into' digital, and able to use AA batteries when travelling.
Although it HURT, I have sold off all my M-series lenses (never had any K- or A-), because I got good prices for them, and only have so-much storage for camera gear.
Kept my favourite F- & FA- series lenses, bought K-50, set camera to allow manual rotation of aperture ring, and use in Av mode.
Bonus: if older Full-Frame lenses were a little 'soft' around the edges, this is not noticeable on the smaller APS-C digital sensor
Bought a Sigma 8-16mm DC Lens, for those really wide angles that my 17mm Full-frame used to give on film
Still have full-frame F- & FA- series lenses (& Cosina & Sigma DG), covering from 19mm to 320mm.
All work fine on K-50, auto, 'Scene', or AV modes (pretty much all I use)
But, it did HURT to sell the old M-series lenses.
However, I now find, with advancing years, that I use Autofocus a lot more, so no regrets.
06-19-2017, 02:09 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that fine old glass once you get going.