Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #1

Hi just joined up

and I am doing an intro to photography course with a k-x and am browsing around to get some good info... should I leave now
Primarily I'm mainly looking at Landscape (seaside) and Architecture as the focus but the night of food photography was surprisingly fun so I'm looking at closer up stuff now too. This happens right?
Also I found myself really interested in the use of old lenses - who knew!! it's a feature I didn't even know existed when I bought the camera, which was a bit of an impulse buy really, and after having it for 8months without using manual I thought it time to actually get a clue.. so off to the course I went... enjoying it so far ... mind you after using disposable cameras for 15yrs picking up the K-X and using auto focus and not the split image which I remembered as the way to focus "proper cameras" I'm a bit up in the air with my next purchases.... so perusing I shall go
cheers Ewan

06-11-2012, 04:29 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wherestheclick Quote
should I leave now
You probably should -- if you're susceptible to impulse buys and also interested in old lenses this forum is a great enabler. This I know from relatively recent experience (see my sig).

It's all fun, always things to learn, new subjects to discover and new ways of looking at old favorites too. Welcome and enjoy.