Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks all!

Have been reading through the posts and reviews here for the past couple months. I'm a "legacy" film SLR guy who has waited to take the DSLR plunge. Found a *ist for cheap and really liked it. It came with 2 kit zooms that are very decent lenses. From the reviews and posts here, weighted against my preferences, I just took the plunge for a K-5. While it was en route, I came across a thread on warranty info. It shipped from Canada, which was the best price (cheapest) I could find. Now I'm not sure if the Pentax $20 warranty will be applicable to my camera...? Will contact Pentax shortly to determine the status of that, and post it here. That aside, I REALLY like my new camera! There is a pretty respectable learning curve to this but not that bad so far as getting the Av mode and low ISO settings going right out of the blocks. It was the in-camera HDR that got me lusting for photographic goodness. It was tempting to wait for the K-30 but I like more buttons and the LCR window a lot. I am grateful to all of you who have posted here, and the staff, for the information that aided me in making the decision of just what Pentax model to pounce on. Soooo....
Thanks,
Tim Adams

06-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Tim and more importantly, Welcome to the Pentax K-5 Club.