Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #1

Toronto Pentax MX user

Howdy,

I have been a Pentax user since 1974 or so. My first camera was a Spotmatic F. I later upgraded to the Pentax MX. Lately, I have been bitten by the 35mm film bug and have been drawn back to SLR's from DSLRs just to experiment and have some nostalgic fun.

I have debated whether or not to join this forum as I use another brand for my DSLR, but as long as I have a passing interest in film again, I thought I would join and then surf the site for interesting things to read.

I may not be actively posting, but I will lurk and look for interesting posts and contribute when I feel I have something to say!

Thanks,

Art

06-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum. there are lots of people here using other brands (In fact there are a number of canon guys here to get info on butchering our lenses )

The mx is a wonderful little camera (I sold mine off a while back, still have some m42 bodies and a KM (the Rodney Dangerfield of K bodies)

Feel free to contribute and lets see some film shots there are a number of thread specifically for film shots
06-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the welcome. I will familiarize myself with the forum over the next week, then post some images. I am on 500px. If you wish to see some immediate images I took with my MX, go here:

500px / Photo "St Peters Cathedral"

500px / Photo "Oculus"

These are older images, but some of my favourites!

I am in a panic to find an old album I have of all my B&W film, can't seem to locate it in the house. If I do find it, you will be sorry I joined!! :]

Art

Last edited by PentaxMXguy; 06-13-2012 at 02:01 PM.
06-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxMXguy Quote
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the welcome. I will familiarize myself with the forum over the next week, then post some images. I am on 500px. If you wish to see some immediate images I took with my MX, go here:

500px / Photo "St Peters Cathedral" by Art Lupinacci

500px / Photo "Oculus" by Art Lupinacci

These are older images, but some of my favourites!

I am in a panic to find an old album I have of all my B&W film, can't seem to locate it in the house. If I do find it, you will be sorry I joined!! :]

Art
great shots

I unfortunately know where all my oldest negs are - My mother threw them out in the late 80's - I left them stored there. I had documented the early punk scene (76-78) in Toronto London and New York - you can imagine what i lost many now famous acts at there onset.

Oh well Live and Learn

06-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #5

Original Poster
DOH!

My mother did the same with my with my comic book collection. Probably could have retired by now!

I feel your pain!
06-14-2012, 05:45 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxMXguy Quote
DOH!

My mother did the same with my with my comic book collection. Probably could have retired by now!

I feel your pain!
I have friends that have had steady income of shots from that time frame for the last 10 years or so (ever since the lead up to the 25 anniversary of punk )

And my friend Bob has had gallery shows of prints in Toronto, New York, Paris and London that sold out limited editions of the prints he made t prices starting at $2500 (mind you he has some pretty iconic images that have been published in Rolling Stone)
06-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #7

Original Poster
Too bad.

One thing I liked about film was you always had something physical you had to lose or damage in order to lose the image. With digital, a hard drive crash and you are DONE! You have to have really good storage. With large files, this could end up being a massive undertaking.

I had hundreds of negatives simply stored in binders. Pretty simple and by and large, took up less room than the stacks of DVD's I need for digital!

Well, at least mine are just buried under some junk or in a box. The majority are memory shots, school, girl friends etc.

I have a lot of rock concert images I want to find again so this has me motivated to find the binder! I did find the colour one, just looking for the B&W, which in my opinion, has some killer images.