Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another Pentax Admirer from Los Angeles

Hi everyone. I'm new here. My name is Zack. I live in LA.

I had a couple of Pentax film cameras in the 90s and several k-mount lenses from that era. That led me to buy the K10D as my first DSLR.

I've had the K5 for about a year. That camera changed my whole approach to photography. Now all I need is available light, and the camera is so unobtrusive, especially when I mount my small lenses.

Unfortunately my K5 has the dreaded mirror flop problem and sometimes it stops working altogether. I keep putting off returning the camera to Pentax for warranty repair because, at least until recently, the camera worked more often than not. But lately it's been unusable for hours or even days at a time. It's frustrating, but I still think it's the best camera I've ever worked with at this sensor size. I can't bear to send it away to be fixed because there's always a reason why I need it (I gave my old K10 to a friend in exchange for a table, so the K5 is my only digital body). Does anyone know how long the turnaround time is for Pentax warranty service at the moment?

I still can't send my K5 back to Pentax for another couple of weeks because I want to go to the Pentax meetup in LA on 6/23. I'm looking forward to meeting other Pentax people. I thank forum member Larry Navarro for inviting me to the meetup and to the forum.

06-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, if you go to the Pentax K-5 section of the forum I think you'll find the answer to your question in there.
06-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zjb1 Quote
...I want to go to the Pentax meetup in LA on 6/23. I
Seeya there :-)
06-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Zack! Sorry about your K-5, but look forward to seeing you next weekend.