Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hi all lovely Pentax people

Its really good to be here and I hope to make e-friends, get tips& tricks and learn a lot from you all.

I am a norwegian who have lived in Hungay for two years and will stay for another two years before I go back home to Norway

I am a newbie, not just in here but also when it comes to do photography. That said, I had a camera for some years, a lovely Panasonic dmc-gh1 but it just collected dust in the living room. I guess I wasnt mature enough, but when I sold it and bought a Pentax K-5 instead it made me fell in love with it. I have soon been taking 20 000 photos in 7 months and learned a lot more than I did before K-5 entered my life. I am sure I can thank my K-5 for that

To start with I bought a lot cheap non-auto(focus)-lenses on the ebay and I also bought an old 135mm macro lense but it was from the 67 series so I couldnt use it At least not until I bought an adapter

To use only old manuall lenses I speeded up my knowledge about the balance (and unbalance) between light, shutter and blender. When almost all are manually I was forced to really use the camerabuttons and the rings (focusring/aperturering). It also teached me about its limiteds, how difficult to shoot spontanious and moving targets so I was very happy when I could afford my first autofocus lense, the Pentax smc FA 50mm F/1.4. A beautiful and fast lense. After that I almost ruined myself and have bought a lot of lenses like:

DA 15mm f/3.5
DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro Limited edition
DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited edition
FA 100mm f/2.8 Makro
DA* 60-250mm f/4.0 ED IF sdm

I have used money as an drunken sailor but I am broke, but happy

I look forward to read your threads and see your pictures

06-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum K.P.KJOLSO. Nice introduction with the lenses, have a fun with this forum and people.
It's little difficult to write your nick. )))))