Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #1

Zeiss 135 F2.8 to Pentax K mount

Hi there, I'm a long time Pentax lover that has had a break from photography for some 25 years. And I am new to this Forum and hope to find lots of interesting information.
Recently I have purchased a ME Super body and the F1.7 50mm lens to go with it. I have also purchased what I have now discovered to be Japan made Contax, well that what's on the cap according to one site, made in 1975 Carl Zeiss Sonnar F2.8 135mm Lens. When I purchased this the info was that the mount was for Nikon / EOS. Well it doesn't fit a Nikon. I have uploaded some pic's of the lens mount in the hope that you might be able to help. Is there a suitable adapter for this lens for Pentax and what type of mount is it. Leitex told me they have only the Canon mount which really doesn't satify my needs. Or does it. Best regards.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9000  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9000  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9000  Photo 
06-27-2012, 03:59 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum.
06-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you put this in the lens forum you have a better chance of getting an answer, good luck.
06-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for that info Tom. I was sorta stressing as to whether I'll ever get to find out what this mount is. I went into a camera shop here in Sydney and discovered it is a C/Y mount and it fits this Contax RTS they have in the store perfectly.
You know what it's like when you get new equiptment and all those creative juices start flowing. I'm on cloud nine.
Now to sort out some lens for my ME Super.

This is a super sight. I's goinna say swell but that might show my age.

« Intro | I'm back =) »