Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Ricoh-->Pentax-->Ricoh

Hi!

I started out with a Ricoh XR-10 almost 3 decades ago. The body was economical, and the savings went toward prime lenses. Over the years, I also acquired some Pentax bodies. Now that Pentax is part of Ricoh, I feel I've come full circle. I've learned a lot reading the forums - thanks to all the authors!

06-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! I'm playing the old-school game along with you, I have an XR-10 and several Rikenon lenses. Great bargains and fine optics, though the coatings are definitely old school but in the right light they are quite excellent!
06-28-2012, 03:36 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome! Nice to hear from other Ricoh owners. My old XR-10 is still going strong. The body doesn't have the same build quality as my MX, but it's certainly better than my ZX-M. And the pentamirror is significantly dimmer on the ZX-M than the bodies with a pentaprism. In my view, it just wasn't worth the cost savings. I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever make the jump to a pentax DSLR.