Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #1

Hi from New Zealand for the first time...

Hi everyone, I am Diane and live in the very lovely Sth Island of New Zealand - I have recently switched to a Pentax Kr very kindly loaned to me by a good friend while I save to purchase probably a lovely blue K30 - which may be in the New Year? I have been a long time Canon user, but felt I needed a step up camera that will challenge me and get me right out of my comfort zone My friend who loaned me his camera has also offered to loan me his wonderful lenses so that was another temptation to switch brands I absolutely love taking photos, anything from my three teenagers and their friends, to still life, landscape, macro - but I am just learning and practising - it is indeed a passion, and I intend to follow it and grow along the way. I had hit a bit of a woe is me time in my life, and to discover my old love of taking photos has reignited a fire in me that I am so loving - so thanks for having me and I am so looking forward to being a part of this community as I soak up some learning !

07-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Diane and thank you for that interesting introduction.
07-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from another kiwi

Quite a few of us here on the forums actually. I too am hoping to purchase a K-30 in the near future having sold my K-20D not long ago. I've actually had an answer from kens camera store in chch that they will have a demo unit of the K-30 in store next week which i'll go and check out.
07-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thankyou englim

07-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hi fruitLoops (cute name!) how exciting that you will be able to go actually hold a K30! I can't wait - I have my eye set on a blue one as they look amazing - my colour of choice would be purple but blue will do. I am really enjoying using the Kr and loving the lightness of it so will be interesting to get used to a heavier camera again. I also have the option of buying the one I am using from my friend so will keep that in the back of my mind as I familarise myself with it. What colour are you interested in? Next time I am in Ch Ch I shall have to go and have a look, and hold of k30 at the shop.
07-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome aboard Diane, lots to see and great info here on the site, don't forget to post up some pics of your part of the world.

cmohr
07-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #7

Original Poster
thank you cmhor - I will post some pics once I find my way around - not very techno here

07-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Welcome! Another Kiwi here (orig Wellington) this is the forum that got me hooked on Pentax, enjoy your time here!
07-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FruitLooPs Quote
they will have a demo unit of the K-30 in store
What? You actually have a shop that stocks Pentax???? I thought Pentax was only available over the internet.....
Anyway, welcome Diane. You've got some awesome scenery there on that island. Just chase the sheep away so you can get the shot.

Regards
07-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sam-joseph Quote
What? You actually have a shop that stocks Pentax???? I thought Pentax was only available over the internet.....
Anyway, welcome Diane. You've got some awesome scenery there on that island. Just chase the sheep away so you can get the shot.

Regards
Haha I know that feeling well, the NZ distributor for Pentax historically has been pretty terrible - both service & markups. So I was surprised to find the K30 listed on that local store at a pricepoint that after import & tax/duty fees is only $100nz more than from B&H..

My last purchase was overseas, the K100DS I purchased originally here was from a camera shop that went under
07-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Kia Ora!

I LOVED NEW ZEALAND. I went there until my visa ran out. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Wellington was my fav city. Auckland....eh...mini Sydney. If I wanted Sydney I would go to Sydney.

South Island... Beautiful!!! I drove around the whole island for a few months. I even went to Mesopotamia LOL!!!
07-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
Welcome aboard Diane, lots to see and great info here on the site, don't forget to post up some pics of your part of the world.

cmohr
She would be busy for the next 10 years...or more... that place is absolutely amazing.

If you have never gone and could only take one trip before you kick the bucket... NZ would be it.
07-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #13
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to Pentax Forums Diane. I hope you really enjoy your time here.

Ross
07-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to PentaxForums Diane. they are are friendly lot here. I do miss Dunners.
07-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #15

Original Poster
wow thanks everyone so much for your warm welcomes - great to finally be here, now to find my way around