Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #1

Hello from Ashish, new to the world of DSLR

Hello Guys,

This is Ashish Kumar from San Francisco Bay Area. Yesterday I ordered my first DSLR camera, and that's Pentax K-5. Before ordering K-5 I compared Pentax, Canon and Nikon. Somehow I felt that, irrespective of sales figures, Canon and Nikon are not as good as Pentax. So far, as per my research, I found that K-5 is the best, not only in his class but above that. Correct me if I am wrong.

Right now, I am going through Operating Manual of K-5, and desperately waiting for Camera to arrive. Already checked my order status more than 20 time, since order yesterday night. Guys, please help understanding the basics of photography and Pentax. Any video, tutorial or link with work. Also suggest, what's first thing to do and don't after getting camera.

Thanks,
Ashish

07-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the club. I came to the same conclusion when I took the leap into dslr photography. I don't think you'll be disappointed. There's a serious learning curve (I'm still trudging up it) but it's very rewarding.