Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2012, 06:37 AM   #1

G'day from Australia

I have just registered after being an avid viewer for about a year.
My first camera, in 1968, was a Spotmatic with a 50 1.8 lens. I acquired second hand, a cheap 400 & an even cheaper 135 which were ok.
I bought a Ricoh p&s a few years ago, and was impressed for a while. I upgraded to a Canon SX1is, which impressed me because of the telephoto range, but mostly because of the image stabilisation. I am mostly interested in birds. I had a few problems focussing on the bird rather than the tree it was sitting in. On one outing, near O'Reillys in the Lamington National Park at the back of the Gold Coast, I came across a few birds which I was able to shoot from about 4 foot. Unfortunately not one frame was usable as they were all blurry. I then decided to upgrade to a dslr.
I quickly decided on a K-5. I spent many hours poring over the lens reviews trying to decide on kit. I now have in order of purchase: da 40 f2.8, da 300 f4, da 50-135 f2.8, da 12-24 f4. The 300 stays on the camera for my daily walk around the reserve - Mt Rogers in Canberra - near my house.
I try not to think of more lenses, but it is hard.....

07-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum, no need to warn you about LBA apparently since it's obvious you've been infected (and there is no known cure bar death apparently )
07-06-2012, 04:25 AM   #3

Original Poster
Lba ???

Thanks for the welcome.
Re LBA, it's not a problem, after I get a macro lens I think I'll be right.
07-08-2012, 03:01 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a dream list of lenses you've already got there. I've got a Sigma 70-200 f2.8, which is a beauty, but I do like the look of the DA 300 f4.
Currently on hols in the Blue Mountains, and burning through digital film like you wouldn't believe. Let's see some of those shots from Mt. Rogers.

Regards