Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #1

New Finnish Pentaxian

Hello.

About nine months ago I thought that taking pictures might be fun so I bought a P&S camera. After about 6000 shutter clicks I thought a DSLR might be even more fun. After buying some old Pentax glass on a whim (the price was in the "paperweight" range) I chanced upon a fairly pristine (about 4000 clicks) used K-7 at a local camera store and pounced. Some rather fierce haggling ensued but I ended up with the body and a good flash (Metz 58 AF-1 Digital) with less than half of what a new K-5 body would've cost me. While a K-5 would have been better I feel pretty good about the deal I got. I've spent a couple of months scrounging the net and local thrift stores for lenses and accessories and during that time the forums here have been an invaluable help. Especially the lens reviews. At some point I guess I'll have to tear myself away from the antiques and splurge on a modern AF lens but so far I've found the oldies surprisingly useful even for speedier shooting.

Just to check that the pictures from Picasa work ok here.

07-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board.