Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Edmonton

I will start off by stating that I'm an absolute newbie, in fact, up until about 3 months ago I've never had an interest in photography past what a point and shoot will do! I own a web design company in Edmonton and at the urging of some of my employees, whose constant begging for better camera equipment than the 3 fuji p&s's on hand, finally prompted me to go out and buy 3 DSLRs. I honestly went into the buying process with no preconceived notion as to which company was better, C v N, N v P , C v P.... I only did a bit of research and what I mostly found that it was going to be easier to match old lenses to the Pentaxes. So I got a K10D (Body), a K100D (2 lens kit), and a K110D (1 Lens Kit). These were the only three Pentax cameras in stock at the store I went to.

Shortly after the purchase, I decided to give one of them a whirl. I picked the K110D (The k10 looked a bit daunting!). I took it home and it didn't take long before I was hooked!

So the past three months have been a crash course in photography. I've learned a bit, but know there's a ton more and am hoping the fine people here can help on occasion!

I have also become a full on Pentax supporter in three months, heartily defending my brand versus my ill informed Canon and Nikon owning friends (which I find ironic because really, I myself am not that well informed!)

01-25-2008, 02:43 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
And on a sad side note....

Recently the K100D met a tragic death falling about 200 ft to the bottom of Maligne Canyon in Jasper, AB. Wish i would have bought the accidental damage warranty. Oh well. RIP.
01-25-2008, 03:51 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Haha Welcome Darth there a few Albertans here - some Edmontonians (myself Sherwood Park) - shame about the K100D all we come hope is he did not suffer Looking forward to some pics !