Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #1

Greetings from Finland

Hello, Im new proud owner of k5, though have had it for few months now. Really happy so far after 2000+ pictures taken.
Used to own Canon SLR back at early 90's but then I got "distracted" -> married and working plus online gaming took my time so I did sell my setup away.
Last year though I made some decisions to get back behind the viewfinder.. Did some research on what do I want plus what I can afford..
One big plus over here in Finland is the weather sealing.. We got our weather..

Also somehow even though used canon before almost a decade, I did "fiddle with few models" but the overall experience was not what I was looking for...
On a photography trade show I got my hands on k5 for first time and was impressed with overall feeling. Having bit larger hands also makes a difference, decent grip is a must!
About my current setup of lenses, got the dual wr kit 18-55 50-200 and managed to salvage old manual 50mm f2 aswell from my friend. At the moment trying
to save up some for decent flash unit and maybe 35mm prime lens...

Also somethin not so good, did find out that my k5 is from early "years" made 20.10.2010 so I did search for sensor stains.. did not see any, how does
the pentax warranty work with that, incase the problem arises later on ?

/Br
Esa

07-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. If you ask your question in the Pentax K-5 section I'm sure you'll get an answer.
07-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tervetuloa Esa.
Not sure how the warranty is in Finland, here you can buy an extended warranty for twenty bucks. Any problem with stains should show up within the first year how ever. Happy shooting.

Cheers, Miikka.
07-21-2012, 04:15 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
K5 on hieno peli!