Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #1

Hi from Denmark

Hi fellow Pentax-dudes
Seven hours ago, I bought my first Pentax camera, a K-5. I have used most of the week reading reviews on the net, and somehow I was focused on a Canon. Then yesterday, I found out that my old - "camera-pusher" who I thought was bankrupted years ago, still existed, in a smaller store though. I looked at their website and saw that they - besides selling Canon and Nikon - also sells Pentax. I was curious and spend all of the night (and I realley mean that I spend from around 1am to 9am!) reading reviews online on the K-30 and K-5, and comparing them to Canon/Nikons in the same price range. When the shop opened, I drove my motorbike the 50 miles to Copenhagen to buy a camera. When I stood there with the Canon 550D, Canon 600D, Nikon 3200, Nikon 5100, the Canon 60D and the two Pentax'es, there were not any doubt at al; the Pentax'es simply feels so more robust and solid, not to mention the feel og genunine quality. So the battle stood between the two. As I could not find any thorough and comphrehensive reviews on the K-30 and the "hands on" reviews was a little negative about som minor things, I blew my budget and bought the K-5 So no money to buy a decent tele-lens so I can take pics of the birds/wildlife in "my" forest (live in a little house in Sealands 3. biggest forest district)

And last, but not least: I am definately a rookie when talking is about SLR's, but I hope that I can get some usable hints about choosing lenses, filters, camera functions etc.

Have a nice day/evening

Kind regards

Frank, Bjaeverskov - Denmark

Coordinates_
55 27′ 34″ N, 12 1′ 42″ E
55.459444, 12.028333

07-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Frank, I'm sure you'll get all the help you require on this forum. And by the way, Welcome to the Pentax K-5 Club.
07-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, Eaglem :-)
07-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Inactive Account

I had a great trip to Denmark this March. There wasn't a lot of sunlight but Copenhagen and Odense were lovely nonetheless. Here are links to a few shots taken in Copenhagen with my K-5 and a SMC Pentax-F 28mm F2.8 (a great travel lens). I'll look forward to seeing shots you post.

Russ

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i436/oeriies/landscapes%20flowers%20plan...copenhagen.jpg
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i436/oeriies/landscapes%20flowers%20plan...enhagenjan.jpg
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i436/oeriies/landscapes%20flowers%20plan...agendawnII.jpg
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i436/oeriies/landscapes%20flowers%20plan...copenhagen.jpg

07-22-2012, 03:46 AM   #5

Original Poster
Hi Russ.
Copenhagen indeed :-) I really like your photos, I hope I'll master my K-5 the same way ... someday :-) I can see you've been to the Black Diamond, beatyful architechture. It's kind og fun, that when I was a kid, the very same spot (by the habour) you've been, was the playingground for us kids. Then it was hasardous to go in the water because of chemicals (led, petrol etc.). Today the water is so clean, that you can go in with no second thoughts! Times has surely changed :-)
Not much light in Copenhagen in march, but if you went 300 km further north, you would have seen the most beatyful spot in Denmark, Skagen. It's very famous for its light (painters and photographs have spend a lot of hours there, through the time). Its also the most nothern spot in Denmark, and you can see to oceans clash at the tip :-)

Take care,

Frank