Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #1

Ayuh from Vermont

My forum name is "mahaffy," which happens to be my last name. First name, john. Born in '39, which means, if you're a math whiz, I'm legally an old fart. Retired from 20 years in the Navy as a Musician; didn't "See the World," as the recruiting ads went in those days, but I had fun. Did learn a bit about photography, and accumulated a lot of gear -- from what we called a "single-frame" Olympus PenF up to a 4x5 view that I built myself . . . and of course the darkroom gear to go with it, including a motorized Besseler 4x5 equipped with my hero, Ansel Adams' favorite cold light source. Broke my heart when I finally decided film was out, digital was in, and gave all my stuff to a photo school just starting up . . . and was treated like dirt because I wasn't a Hasselblad-Nikon-Cannon user. Still a bit sore about that, can you tell? So here I am with an entry-level Pentax K110 D (not even a shake-proof back!) and thinkin' "My God but what a miracle digital is! What changes I've seen! . . ." as well as "Shit, now just about anybody can be a photographer!" Oh, well. . . .

07-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #2

Yet another Vermontuh

Nice to see sonebody new from Vermont. You're gonna like it here...Lot's of good info, nice folks. Just watch out for that LBA......
Chuck(over in Bristol)