Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Yes, this is me

Hi to the Pentax community.

My name is Edwin and as a new member but not a new Pentax user I would like to introduce myself to you.
I have started with Photography 2,5 years ago with - of course - Pentax. The decision to buy Pentax took quit a long time but I never regret it. Starting with the K7 and the two kit lenses WR I shot almost everything which looked interesting to me. After some time I realized that this was not the way to go and I needed more challenge. Striving for better images I read books, blogs, attended some workshops and learned by doing. The most challenging thing I had with photography was to find my way I wanted to go. Finding interesting themes almost everywhere made the decision even harder.

Today I am photographing mainly Macros (and sort of) and Portraits / Beauty / Fashion. Why? Preparing a Macro needs time and patience. It helps me to forget everything around me and to calm down after a stressful day. Portraits / Beauty / Fashion is a lot of interaction with models, sometimes at fast pace and has a certain thrill when shooting the perfect picture (subjective point of view).
For shooting I am using mainly the Macro 100mm WR and the Tamron 24-75mm Di. Lenses I am very satisfied with.

Now, what I mostly experience when making photos is the strive and ambition to make better photos every time. I have so many pictures in my head which I want to shoot but due to budget limitation this is not always possible. My goal is to turn my avocation into my profession. And I would really love to spent some time with a Professional so I can learn more about Photography.

As most of you I am eager to see what Pentax brings at Photokina 2012.

This introduction gives more insight in to my thoughts and soul than enumerate facts like age, location, country, hair colour etc. But to me it is more important to understand what s.o. sees in Photography than those hard facts.

Best Regards
Edwin

07-31-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and a big thank you for the interesting introduction.