Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #1

New from Richland, Washington

Good day all Pentax owners and users,

I have an old ME Super that doesn't work very well any more and am considering getting a new K100D. Before I take the plunge I want to make sure all my old lenses are going to work with the K100 Super body? I have a few lenses that I was slightly familiar with when I got the thing a number of years ago. Any help you can give me as to what they are and where they are best used would really be appreciated. They are a 50mm that came with the camera, a wide angle 55mm, a fish eye conversion lense, an auto X2 doubler and what I think is a macro lense that says 55mm and 1.2.8f=135mm.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Mark

01-27-2008, 07:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

We're in the same town. How'd you like the little snowstorm we had today?

I'm just getting into this myself with the K10D I picked back in October, but can point you to some resources. I found this chart to be very handy in my lens purchases. It sounds like you have all K mount lens, that being the case you should be able to use all of them on the K100D in some capacity. For example older lens (like K mount M) be might only work in manual mode and you won't have auto focus, but you'll have all of the functionality of your old film body plus many benefits of digital. I've picked up some old M42 mount lenses with and with a K mount adapter they work just fine on my K10D, again only in a very manual capacity.

One big difference between the cameras will be due to sensor size. Any lens you use will have a 1.5 crop factor when used on an current Pentax digital camera, i.e. a 50mm lens on a 35mm film/full frame body will shoot like a 70mm lens on a digital.

Tyler
01-27-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome. May your time here be enjoyable.
01-28-2008, 09:58 PM   #4

Original Poster
Tyler,

Thanks for the reply. The snow was nice, but enough already. I had to travel to Portland today and it took me 7 hours.. Whew crazy! There was a jack-knifed semi east bound between Arlington and Biggs and it caused all kinds of havoc. Plus the road I-84 in the shade was nothing but ice, totally crazy. I still need to try to figure out exactly what lenses I have. I also see that Pentax has now come out with a K200D. I am wondering if it is worth the extra $?

Mark

Mark