Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Greetings from Montreal

Hi everyone,

My name is Ben and I'm new to this forum. Although I've been lurking around for a while, I decided it was time to join in for good.

My interest in photography started back in the '80s at the age of 13 when I received my first (and only!) camera - a Nikkormat FT3 - which I still own and cherish. Not very practical nowadays. So I recently purchased my first DSLR - a Pentax K-5 kit with an 18-135mm lens. I was looking to buy a Nikon D7000 but I was drawn to the Pentax. Although I always had a Nikon/Nikkormat, I can remember always wanting a Pentax as a teen (I loved those Spotmatics and K-1000). Anyways, I hope I did good.

I have a graphics designer's college dedree and I've worked mainly in television as a CGI artist, although I've stopped working in that field for quite a while now. I learned the basics of (darkroom) film developing in college and, thankfully, I can still find my way in Photoshop - which I guess is a good thing. My main interest in (amateur) photography is shooting portraits and music related events like music festivals and in small bars/clubs, also landscapes and architecture when I travel. I was a big fan of air shows as a teen as well, so anything related to aviation is fun to shoot too.

Coming to the digital world of photography, I realize the learning curve is going to be pretty steep, so I'll be relying on you guys quite a lot. I hope not to bother you too much with all my silly questions.

Looking forward to reading you all,
Ben

08-02-2012, 11:07 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, good to have you join us. No question is silly, I assure you, we all had to start somewhere and most of us are still learning anyway.
08-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you Bruce. I'm already having a lot of fun reading the manual.