Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2008, 01:29 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Justin From Orlando, FL - K10D

Hello! This is Justin from Orlando, FL, originally from central Ohio. I have been a little more than mildly interested in photography ever since High School, my dad had a Minolta SLR, I thought his zoom lens was the coolest thing, I did some B&W photography and darkroom stuff in high school, have always been interested in digital photography and photo editing. Last November (black Friday) I purchased my first SLR. After months of consideration I saw the review in Pop. Photography for the K10D, after hours of playing with the Canon's, Nikons and even Sonys, I was amazed Pentax wasn't #1. I held the K10D for the first time at a Ritz store for 5 minutes and bought it instantly. I have the 18-55 kit lens, and a 70-300mm zoom and a bunch of misc accessories, including my new BG2 grip just purchased last week. My other camera is a Canon S2 IS which I still think is one of the best point and shoots on the market! One of my goals in addition to taking better photos is expanding my knowledge of Photoshop CS3.
Anyone in the central FL area give me a shout out!

Cya,
Justin

01-28-2008, 07:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Justin!

I'm in South Florida, but I hope we get a chance to exchange information & ideas for places to get some nice photos. One suggestion I can offer - The zoo in Melborne. You should get some great opportunities to utilize both of those lenses in that environment.

Enjoy!