Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hi, new here

Hi to all, I have been a life long "snapshot artist". That is just having fun grabbing moments, but never really thinking about how the camera works or questioning whether there was a better way to do it. In recent years I've discovered that I enjoy writing and wanted to have stories of my motorcycle travels published. However, there needs to be images to accompany my stories and it was brought to my attention that just taking pot shots with a cell phone or a compact wasn't always going to cut it. (although I did have one website publish my story with my pictures) As I began to delve in to what was involved with getting better images, I found myself really getting sucked in.
I have been working with a Fujifilm X100 and while I like the camera and have managed to capture some great images, I have also had a lot of problems and missed a lot of shots. I decided that I really needed to learn about exposure and the basics of photography. It so happened to have an old K1000 with a zoom lens on it that had been my father-in-law's. I dug it out and bought some film. What I have discovered is that I really enjoyed using this camera and I want to learn more. I was delighted to see that there are folks using them still and hope to learn more.

08-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and thank you for that interesting introduction.