Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #1

Hello To All

Just a quick introduction and greetings to all. I appreciate all of the great information available here, I can certainly use it. I haven't held a camera much since high school (40 years back) when I was one of our yearbook sports photographers, shooting Tri-X film. But I enjoyed it then and have now gotten myself a Pentax K-5 w/ the 18-135 zoom, primarily for my time outdoors.

I actively car/tent camp, hike, backpack, kayak, and kayak/camp, along with my awesome best friend and camping buddy ... my wife! We plan a couple of week-long trips each year, with smaller weekend trips interspersed here and there. Our next week long trip includes camping for three days/two nights on the Dry Tortugas (Ft. Jefferson) ... with one two night kayak/camping trip prior to that in the Okefenokee Swamp. During my research before getting the K-5, I was concerned about how to protect a DSLR from the elements. The weather-resistance of the K-5 (and the WR lens) has helped relieve most of that concern. I've not put them to the test yet, but I am sure to do so! I live in Florida, where we have two seasons ... hot and hotter! Between the rain (thank God for it!) and the humidity, most everything gets wet at sometime or another.

Again ... Thanks for a great forum and regards to all!

daybro

08-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum daybro and thank you for the interesting introduction.