Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hi from Baltimore!!

Old school photographer trying to learn digital photography and the internet at the same time! ! I bought a used Kx and I thought my older film lenses would fit the body but the AF keeps trying to take over and blurring all of my shots. I have a wedding this weekend and I am freaking out because I will have to move fast and I don't think my camera is up to the job. Please, can anyone give me some advise? Thanks, Sunnie

08-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hi and welcome to the forums, it might help if you mentioned which lenses you have, you do know that you can shoot full manual on the Kx.
08-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do you have the camera body in manual focus? Take a look at page 18 of the manual. You can get a soft copy here...Control (7) changes the focus from auto focus to manual focus. Also see page 112 and page 121. You want to have the body in manual when you are using manual lenses. That way the focus motor will not engage and possibly rub against the mounted lens causing some vibrations.

Hope that helps...

08-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
mee
Site Supporter

*waves*

You might have better results by posting your issue in here General Technical Troubleshooting - PentaxForums.com or in Pentax Beginner's Corner Q&A - PentaxForums.com

I think this forum we're in now is more of a simple meet and greet.. so some of the people that might know may not come here often.

I think you need to get a proper, modern lens if you are shooting a wedding so soon.. that is a really really concerning situation to have a new (to you) camera and in a few days have a major, once in a lifetime event to capture!!

btw if you meant the digital SLR.. you want to put a hyphen between the k and the x (K-x) because the Kx was a Pentax Film body and some people get anal over the differences... only a heads up to save you some grief!

oh and if you do post your questions in one of those forums.. please explain what you mean by the AF keeps trying to take over.. and what older film lenses you are attempting to use.