Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #1

Pentaxian from way back

I have only recently become aware of this site and am glad to join.

I got my first Pentax (Asahi Pentax S1a) in the 60s and have 4 film Pentax SLRs from following decades and other Pentax cameras.
I use a 200D but would like to upgrade - but ask myself why.

Sean

08-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Sean and remember that there will always be many reasons one would want to upgrade. I started off with the K200D then the K20D and now K-5.
08-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome Aboard!

Hello Sean, Welcome to the Pentax Forum!
Like you, my experience with Pentax goes back decades, lots of film, fully manual, auto, then auto focus.
But I dropped out for awhile, life has a way of changing the priorities.
While I was out of the loop, digital grew up, to the point I couldn't ignore it anymore and film was getting harder to find, process and print. So I dove in with several of my legacy lenses and a K110D with the kit 18-55mm lens, for starters.
What a revelation! Take photos, look at the lcd screen, go home and view them on my computer. Process to my heart's delight, at home on the pc.
Now I'm deeply into digital photography, with camera upgrades and some DA lenses. But I still use (and love) my M and A lenses on the digital bodies, and shoot a couple of rolls of film a month, with my trusty MX and Me Super.
So, don't worry, it's still aperture, shutter speed and ISO, composition, timing and skill, practice and practice some more.
A few (OK, several!) mechanical differences, but with your background, that's not a tall hill to climb. The Forum will help a lot, any questions, just ask away, lots of very friendly folks here to help.
Good Luck!
Ron