Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #1

Greetings from Middle Pennsylvania

Hello Everyone.

For a long time, I wanted to get serious with photography, and of course a big step is purchasing a DSLR. Being a college student, funds are always low, and DSLRs are generally not cheap. Then, surfing eBay, I came across the Pentax *ist DL. An older camera, but still a DSLR. After purchasing it, I went on a spree and bought a lot of lenses. Suddenly, I realized how wonderful owning a Pentax camera was. Relatively cheap lenses that were pretty much all compatible! Perfect for a college student on a budget.

In total, I have the *ist DL, 7 lenses, and a ton of accessories, all for less than some of my Nikon or Canon friends will spend on a single lens.

Needless to say, I have embraced the Pentax brand, and absolutely love it.

I feel I have a good knowledge about photography, but am learning new things everyday. I have browsed these forums for a while now, and I'm excited to continue to take in the knowledge that you all have to share.

08-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the very interesting introduction.