Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #1

Rookie from Ireand

I have been the proud owner of a K-5 for 6 months now. I was disappointed to learn last week that it is being discontued. Any advice/ condolences?

08-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That is a great camera you have. Dont worry that it it being discontinued. I still shoot with a canon 1ds thats almost 8 years old. The photographer makes the camera great, not the other way around. Enjoy the equipment you have, learn it inside and out and you will never be disappointed.
08-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you

Thanks for the encouragement, EBahle. I do believe it's a great piece of kit. So much better than the K100 I ad before ( and the Pentax film SLr I had before that).
08-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by lesnic Quote
I have been the proud owner of a K-5 for 6 months now. I was disappointed to learn last week that it is being discontued. Any advice/ condolences?
The K5 is a great camera and there is no reason why you should be disappointed. Progress moves on, and in order to keep selling products, every manufacturer must up date their product or eventually die. Look at cars - this year's car will do everything you need (which is get you from point A to point B) as well as next years model. It just might lack a few features. Same thing applies to the K5 successor. Consider what many people here do: use it for a few model changes (again the car example) and when they come out with a new one that you can't live without, upgrade.

BTW: The wife, who is of Irish ancestry, drug me to Ireland a few months back. Beautiful country! Welcome to the forum.

08-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesnic Quote
Don't worry
The K-5 will still take amazing shots if you allow it to. Welcome to the forum. There are a few Irish Pentaxians hanging around here. Most seem a bit post shy though