Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #1

shutter issue with Pentax Kr Camera.

I have a similar issue with my Pentax Kr camera with the shutter issue. I have tried to clean my contacts on my camera lens contacts and that seemed to work for a few days, But once it started again it would not stop. Freshly charged batteries worked for a few pictures but then is started all over again. Sent Camera to C.R.I.S Cam photo repairs on 07/05/2012 and as of 08/20/2012, I have still not received the camera back from warrenty repair. C.R.I.S Cam says they have not received the parts yet. Please. Over a month and a half without having a camera that I paid over $840 dollars for. Followed up with a call to QVC where purchase was made, and have sent a letter to Pentax/Ricoh in Japan. Waiting for reply. May have to take QVC and Pentax to small claims court.

08-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would sit tight. Considering that the k-r's been out of production for almost a year now, chances are your parts have to be ordered straight from Japan. My guess would be that they're replacing the whole motherboard...