Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #1

Another new member from Canada

Hello:
Just here to introduce myself. Toronto lawyer, engineer, senior, father of a six year old, grandfather of seven, so I have to take a lot of family pics as well as my own landscapes etc for pleasure.
Long time Pentax user; K10d since 2007 and a SuperProgram before that. Just checked my K10d usage with your site tool; 14891 in five years. In digital, why take only one shot when six will do? I have been really enjoying and appreciating the forum and particularly the reviews. Must resist lens lust.
Currently thinking about moving up from 2006 by getting a K5 in the face of its rumoured discontinuance. I will keep my K10d with battery grip. It seems to me that the software features of the K30 have an edge by a tweak over the K5 but that the build quality of the K5 should outlast. I also like a few of the features such as top screen etc. and would not plan on using the Pentax for serious video anyway. Does anybody have a perspective on these alternatives now that these are within $50 on price? Comments would be appreciated.

Dick Jones

09-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome sir and enjoy your stay here.
09-05-2012, 05:08 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you for the welcome. How are things in Leeds? I was born in Nottingham and still have family around Shropshire and elsewhere in the U.K.

Dick