Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #1

Greetings from Siberia (Russia)

In autumn 2011, bought in Novosibirsk your Pentax Kr (Black) KIT 18-55. Photography since 1976. Previously, I had film SLR camera Zenit-ET (USSR), several digital "Soap" and ultrazoom from Olympus. My first camera was a student's film camera "Smena-6" - she is alive to this day.
Selecting cameras from Pentax company was fully aware. I like the build quality cameras, the quality of lenses from Pentax (even the kit lens is superior counterparts from Canon and Nikon) and, of course, the quality of the pictures. I like the image stabilization in the body, the high speed burst shooting.
My accounts online:
Twitter: @dmitrij7
My Fliclr
I am happy that I enter into the world community Pentax.
Welcome all members of the forum.

09-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello dmitri.

Interesting photos you have on your Flickr.

Are you in the military or doing national service?

Enjoy the forum.
09-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I was not familiar with the city of Novosibirsk, used Google to find out that it's the third most populous city in Russia after Moscow and St. Petersburg and the most populous city in Asian Russia. Guess geography isn't one of my stronger points.

Interested as to why the female soldiers are wearing the white bunches of material on their uniforms.
09-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #4

Добро пожаловать! Здесь "мыльницы" называют point-and-shoot cameras или просто P&S.

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, I was not familiar with the city of Novosibirsk, used Google to find out that it's the third most populous city in Russia after Moscow and St. Petersburg and the most populous city in Asian Russia. Guess geography isn't one of my stronger points.

Interested as to why the female soldiers are wearing the white bunches of material on their uniforms.
Actually they are not soldiers, more likely high-school or college students. And these are not bunches on the uniform but bunches (bows) on their hairs. I don't know exactly what is in English for that tail of plaited hairs but in Russian it's "kosichka". These bunches are common for a school-girl's ceremonial dress in Russia.

09-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by NoMaD_PS Quote
Actually they are not soldiers, more likely high-school or college students. And these are not bunches on the uniform but bunches (bows) on their hairs. I don't know exactly what is in English for that tail of plaited hairs but in Russian it's "kosichka". These bunches are common for a school-girl's ceremonial dress in Russia
OK, thanks for that.

kosichka = pigtails

09-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
OK, thanks for that.

kosichka = pigtails

oh, thanks! I've forgot that!

that's funny: in Russian this means 'little scythe' and in English it's pig tail.
09-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums, you will be the real test to Pentax cold and snow capability.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 09-06-2012 at 06:16 PM.
09-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #8

Original Poster
Hello! These are my students. Honor guard at the Eternal Flame in the memory of the war of 1941-1945. I - school teacher and university lecturer.

09-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Welcome dmitrij7 to the Pentaxforum. I also saw the value of Pentax and chose it over the competitors. Not always the normal way of the world. Just as in any hobby it always helps to have a group to help resolve problems and to socialize with on common interests.