Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #1

New Member in Dallas

Good evening,

I just wanted to say hello to everyone and note that I have been a long time observer of the Pentax Forums. I finally managed to scrape up enough to purchase the camera that many logical photographers bet on - the coveted K5. I decided to go K5 for its incredible build, compactness, and rugged stealthy looks. I just picked it up from the local post office today and I am ready to start shooting tomorrow, but I need to pick up a lens first.

I am just wondering if there are there any budget friendly recommendations out there? I love the outdoors, depth of color ( b & w too), low light applications, and travelling light. I just came from a Lumix LX5 - great camera, but I knew it was time for me to grow as a photographer. It seems that 40 years of age seems to call upon one to become more mature and serious whether or not he or she wants to. I have decided to embrace this change by implementing the personal growth that only a Pentax K5 can bring (just being lighthearted). If there are any good recommendations please let me know. What I am looking at is the Pentax SMC A 28mm 1:2.8 and the Sigma Super Wide II 24mm 1:2.8 . I have never used either, but I do think the results look good online. anyone out there with personal experience or other recommendations?

Thanks in advance

09-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF!